Friday, June 17, 2011

photo journey : half moon bay


last weekend i journeyed about an hour south of san francisco for a photoshoot in san jose. on my way home i decided to take myself on a little afternoon date through half moon bay and up highway 1 back to the city. top down, a few oldies soundtracks {stand by me & dirty dancing are faves}, and a gorgeous drive made for a perfectly serene afternoon. the only time i regretted being alone for this little adventure was missing all the photo opps of the sweet fruit stands & flower marts on the windy road to the beach, since i had to keep my hands on the wheel and all. ;)


half moon bay is like an alternate universe. there's a perpetual layer of fog, and everything feels like you've stepped back in time. vintage cars, antique stores, beach cottages, bright colors. it's magic! everyone is so friendly too...like, teenage boys on bikes, waving and saying "hello miss" -levels of friendly...what?! oh, and a pet llama in the front yard.

hope you enjoy the photos - and have a lovely weekend!

4 comments:

Julie Milleson said...

I LOVE HMB. Absolutely one of my favorite places out there. Gorgeous pictures Kelly. Purely gorgeous!

Danelle said...

these are crazy gorgeous kel!! Makes me want to go RIGHT NOW. :)

Anonymous said...

stunning.

Savvy in San Francisco said...

Gorgeous pictures!