Tuesday, October 4, 2011

carrot cake & birthdays.


pop quiz: these carrot cake cookies are:

a) perfect for this rainy fall weather that snuck up on us;
b) deliciously perfect;
c) a virtual shout-out to my sister for her birthday;
d) all of the above.

you know the answer. :) when i saw these i immediately thought of my big sister, because every year when we got to pick our birthday cake, she picked carrot. {it took me a LONG time to be ok with that choice, due to my picky childhood palate}. for the record: i will always pick confetti cake for mine. she is celebrating her birthday today a few thousand miles away in texas, but hopefully feeling the love from san francisco!

you can find the recipe for these bad boys right here. they're on my to-do list, that's for sure!

happy birthday dear katie!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this post. Happy Birthday to our sweet Katie!

Katie said...

Ooh - those cookies look great!!! Thanks for the birthday wishes, Kel! So wish you were here!!! XOXO

Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola said...

Ohh these cookies look delicious! I've never had carrot cake cookies before but I'll have to make them soon!

PS have you had confetti cake from Susie Cakes?? So good!

kelly : pinetothepacific said...

Emily, i totally need to try the confetti cake! I looove Susie Cakes, so this is on my list. :)

birdie to be said...

YUM! Those look delish!