Tuesday, November 1, 2011

where is your happy place?


london! and to be more specific, london in winter. to be cozy in a pub near a roaring fire, watching the snowflakes falling silently down on oxford street. seeing the twinkling christmas lights stretched across the street to selfridges. mittened hands clutching mulled wine in covent garden. ice skating in front of a palace. escaping the chilly wind by stepping inside an art gallery, pink cheeks and noses warming up alongside masterpieces.

i love and miss london all the time, and it has totally become my happy place, my daydream place. my memories are so fond: fresh out of a college so i had a job where learning  --not stress or responsibility-- was the key. a time when it was normal to spend 50 pence on dinner {a little shepherds pie from tesco} because my group of giddy girlfriends and i were saving up to go to paris that weekend. the excitement of meeting people from literally all over the world, becoming lifelong friends with them.

today's daydreaming had me looking at flights and wondering if i could duck out of work for a few days for a little jaunt to my favorite place in this world. ;)

what is your happy place?

5 comments:

soanthro said...

I visited London for the first time over two years ago and have been itching to go back ever since... I would love to live there more than anywhere else and am always subtly pushing my employers to send me to conferences there :)

Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola said...

Oh my goodness- London is my happy place too and as you described your favorite moments, I was literally transported back there. I spent 6 months studying there in college and it was the best time of my life. I miss it so much and long for those carefree days where yes, my biggest concern was figuring out what country we should visit that weekend! I haven't been back since and I miss it every day!

kelly : pinetothepacific said...

you guys are making me so happy with your london love. :)

jenn said...

I studied abroad in Granada my junior year, and spain is my "happy place". I always wish I could go back to that time.

the lovebirds said...

this reminds me of the movie "the holiday". and my happy place would definitely include jude law. ;) I'm not so sure if i've completely discovered my happy place- I don't think I've traveled enough to know. You make me want to visit london, tho. xoxo

p.s. to answer your question: lovebird is studying international business/chinese and financing. I am undeclared at the moment! So many choices!