Thursday, January 12, 2012

the perfect parfait

my friends and i partake in brunches all. the. time.

book club = brunch. friends in town = brunch. sleepy saturday = brunch. though restaurants {especially with bottomless mimosas} are amazing, it's even more fun when we all make a dish and get together at someone's apartment. for brunch this past weekend, i wanted to find something healthy, as opposed to the usual scones, egg bakes, etc, since we're all in new year's diet mode. these adorable parfaits were perfect, quick to make, and had minimal cleanup since i used disposable cups.
to make 8 individual parfaits, you need:

3 cups fresh berries
2-3 cups lowfat plain granola
32 oz. nonfat yogurt {i used greek}

delicious and lovely to look at!

3 comments:

Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola said...

I too, am a big fan of brunch!! I try and find excuses to go to brunch and like to secure brunch plans while I'm out so I can wake up and look forward to something delicious! (And some hot coffee- also necessary!) How cute that you guys do brunch at different houses! I'll have to start that too! Love these parfaits too! They are so pretty and look delicious!

Erin said...

Yumm!! I love to make myself a parfait for breakfast. Strawberry yogurt, granola and bananas is my favorite!

the southern hostess said...

This just looks perfect. Such a cute post too!