Wednesday, July 18, 2012

before you put this face on a milk carton...


oh hi there! remember me? that person who used to write on this blog?

oof.

sorry for the total disappearing act. i've had a somewhat hectic few months, culminating in a change of jobs, some super relaxing weeks in tahoe, and generally becoming human again.

starting around february, my old job became cuh-razy. long story short: i hate the feeling of not being able to get it all done. it stresses me out, makes me work until midnight, and made my daily 3 hours in the car commuting into...torture.
while i was moping around being miserable at a conference {in vegas, when it was 108 degrees - super duper fun to be in a biz casual blazer, guys}, i got an email that i had been offered a new opportunity for a company i am in love with, in a role that offers me a chance to learn and grow, and that happened to be a mere 9 miles away. hallelujah!

i spent part of june in tahoe helping my parents finish their house remodel {as much as they loved the previous owners' pink carpet and metallic paisley wallpaper...}, started the new job, and then was lucky enough to squeeze in another planned vacay to tahoe with the whole fam, including my fave baby girl nieces! plenty of photos to come.

all that being said: thanks for sticking around while i took some time away...happy to be back again! xo.

6 comments:

Freya Lily said...

Sometimes we all just need a break right?? I'm just getting back on the wagon after a week off. Congrats on the new job!

Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola said...

I was just going to tweet to you yesterday asking where you have been! Sounds like some big changes but some great ones- congrats on the new job!! That's wonderful news! And how fun that you got to spend some time with the fam in the process! Can't wait to see pics!

Julie said...

yay! we missed you!!!

Savvy in San Francisco said...

Welcome back! I know how crazy it can be to try to balance life with the blog!

the lovebirds said...

welcome back to your cute blog! I have missed reading and seeing your cute posts! Hope you've been enjoying your summer. xoxo

Linda said...

Greetings from St. Louis! I love your chic little blog. Welcome back!