Wednesday, August 1, 2012

help me decide: black tie look

i am so excited to attend a fabulous black tie wedding in a few weeks, but i need to enlist your help! after quietly dreading the dress shopping - it's been so long since i've needed a gown {hello prom/sorority formals} - i managed to luck out and find two gorgeous dresses.

option 1 is a flowy chiffon ralph lauren halter gown in a gorgeous coral-pink color. perfect for a summer wedding, don't you think? i'm envisioning styling it with gold and floral accessories, with long wavy hair.

option 2 is a black lacy number with the prettiest back ever! it feels so flattering, and after googling 50+ etiquette guides, i'm fairly comfortable that black is ok to wear to such a formal wedding {and if not, tell me!}. i like the idea of brightening it up with jewel tones, and sweeping back the hair to show off the back.

so what do you think? tell me in the comments!

9 comments:

Mandy said...

PINK! it's more summery. can you wear the black to something else?

Mrs. G said...

Umm...costume change, pink for ceremony and black for reception? Seriously...I can't decide!

kelly : pinetothepacific said...

hahaha i love you mary...SUCH a good call!

Julie C. said...

Pink! But save the black, it's gorgeous!!

kelsey c. said...

#1! Stand out girl!

Savvy in San Francisco said...

Pink seems more summery! Love it!

Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola said...

Omg they both are gorgeous options and I'm sure you will look absolutely beautiful in both! I vote for the black though- I think it's so classic for a black tie wedding and feels a little dressier. Plus any dress that makes you feel confident and feel is flattering is always the way to go!

Julie said...

I second what Emily says. I think the black is more formal and will make you stand-out more with the right accessories and makeup/hair. Plus you can wear it more often than you can the pink. The pink is gorgeous -- and you would look amazing no matter what -- but it just feels more everyday-gal to me.

the southern hostess said...

Both are so gorgeous! Tough call, but I'll say pink for summer!