Friday, August 24, 2012

the great gatsby festival.

last time i was up in lake tahoe, we went to check out the Gatsby Festival at mount tallac. it's quite the famous annual tahoe tradition that involves music, a vintage car competition, vendors selling antique clothing/jewelry/knick knacks, and of course a speakeasy {stupid prohibition!}. there are several old waterfront tahoe estates where the festival is held, so it was fun imagining the amazing summers all those san franciscans had back in the early 1900's! the pantyhose and insane hats probably made it slightly less comfortable than what i experience today. ;)

i just love the vintage clothes and cars! i sort of stalked the couple above since they were just so cute with their authentic outfits.

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

Oh my! How fabulous. I love this, I love that you went. your photography is lovely. What did you wear? xo

kelly : pinetothepacific said...

thanks chelsea! and umm...i wasn't exactly in proper period attire in my rachel roy maxi dress. haha! ;)

so anthro said...

This is pretty much my dream come true. So adorable and fun!!

so anthro said...

This is pretty much my dream come true. So adorable and fun!!

the lovebirds said...

Wow- these are gorgeous pictures! You make me want to go back in time. I love everything about your blog- can I just be you!? xoxo